Saturday 7 January 2012

New Year 2012

Well it's a new year so some house keeping needed to be taken care of.

First job was to tax the Nova and the second was to renewed my competition licence. I can't remember why I changed from a "Non-Race Clubman" to getting a "Non-Race Nation B" last year but I must have had good reason so I got the same one again this time. The price has gone up by just over 5% which I suppose is similar to inflation but I think the MSA should have keep the price of the low level licences the same as last year.

As it's January, the Dakar Rally has been on TV, and it's just as spectacular as ever, it really is one of my favourite events of the year to watch. The amount of energy that it takes to compete in any of the categories must be immense, the people are super human. I really don't know how the bikers bodies stand up to the abuse of hundreds of miles across country, they are amazing.

I missed a couple of Lanes Rallies at the end of 2011. I was away on holiday for the Magherafelt "Tintmaster Navigation Lanes Rally" but from what I've heard I was lucky to miss it. Apparently there was a lot of time delays and the tests weren't good enough to make up for that. The results look a bit funny to me too but that's a different issue. A lanes rally is a new thing for most clubs so it's understandable that the first one will have some issue, hopefully the event will be better next year when I'm sure I'll be taking part. I also missed the UAC's "It's Not the Boxing Day Rally" but that one was through choice. I felt that the entry fee was far too high so voted with my feet and didn't take part. The entry was £75, plus lets call it £20 for insurance, plus £15 each to join the UAC. That's £125 before I even put fuel in the car. It's too much for a lanes rally. I did hear very good things about the event so maybe the extra cost was worth it.

It could be a very busy year for me as I've been voted onto the ANICC Navigation Rally committee for 2012. With the poor turn out at navigation rallies in 2011 it has been decided to run an alternative Championship on 2012 with the emphasis on bringing in new competitors. There will be a lot more promotional work to do so hopefully it will be time well spent and we get to have a bumper championship in 2013.


Costs:
MSA Competition Licence, £41
Nova Road Tax, 12 months, £215

Magherafelt Lanes Rally Results
It's Not the Boxing Day Rally results

No comments:

Post a Comment